As many of you may know by now, I love to cook. Well, I love to cook when I have time, groceries, etc. You know how it goes! Because we get busy with work, kids, sports and other activities, I love pulling out the crockpot and having dinner ready when I get home. There really is nothing better than the smell of walking into a house when dinner is almost done. (My mouth is currently watering and now I wish I had pulled out the crockpot this morning!)
This recipe is one that my grandmother started. As I am writing this she and my grandfather are getting ready to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. Wow, Right?! My grandmother doesn’t cook as much as she used to but this is a recipe she will still pullout and make. Why? Well, it is super yummy and super easy to make.
Okay… I’ll stop torturing you with stories and blah, blah, blah. Here is the recipe!
Grandma C’s Crockpot Roast
- Rump roast (or any large roast)
- Potatoes chopped into biggish cubes
- 1 Jar of green olives
Jeff’s twist- My husband started this about 10 years ago and is now my favorite version!
- Jar of Jalapeño stuffed olives Or Mix ½ jar Jalapeno’s and ½ jar Olives.
1. Locate your Crockpot. (Check under the guest room bed! I’m sure it is around here somewhere.)
2. Throw in the roast and potatoes. Pour on top the olives and all the juice (The juice is the magic here. Don’t worry I don’t even like olives and love this recipe!
*Jeff’s twist- Feeling bold? Try using jalapeno stuffed olives. Don’t have any or they are hard to find? No worries just use ½ and ½. Again, don’t hold back on the juice.
3. Turn Crockpot on or set timer. (depending on how fancy yours is) I like the low setting I can set it up in the morning and it is usually perfect when I get home.
4. Come home to a yummy smelling dinner that is ready to go.
I recommend pairing with a loaf of French bread and a nice sturdy Red. But do what feels right to you 😉
If you enjoy this recipe please share with others. #busymom
Now that you love cooking again…
We can give you a kitchen that will keep that flame lit. Get rid of the tired worn out kitchen where you have no storage, no counter space, and everyone & everything is in your way!